Suffolk Black Community Forum
The Voice of Black Heritage and Advocates for Equity in Suffolk
Representing the Black and Mixed Black Heritage Communities in Suffolk to advocate for equitable representation that builds relationships, bridges the inequality gap and promotes our shared and enriched culture.
Fundraising For ACYCLE Club
African Caribbean Youth Creative Learning Experience
Suffolk Black Community (Forum) Organisation – Memberships
The Suffolk Black Community (Forum) Organisation is a springboard to bring all members of the Black Community in Suffolk together to discuss, plan and lead the way in shaping the future for Black people living in Suffolk.
As members of the Black Community, our beliefs are grounded in the Ubuntu principle, our heritage and cultural values, and thus, strive to build an inclusive community where we all work together with other communities to create an equitable future for all.
We look forward to welcoming you on board and hearing your views and suggestions on how we can make our communities more cohesive and euitable for all.
Frequently Asked Questions
Membership is open to individuals, community groups (working directly to benefit the black community) and local organisations that share in the values and objectives of the Suffolk Black Community (Forum) Organisation.
Open to founding members, group leads and individuals who been active in the forum for over 6 months at the time of incorporation. Associate Memberships are co-opted by group leads and will need to complete a suitability and assessment. Associate membership is subject to a membership fee.
- Associate Members may hold relevant positions within the organisation with powers of voting
- Make decisions on the election of Trustees or of the wider memberships (Corporate Members)
- Table motions for decisions by vote or through a resolution (subject to meeting the requirements of a quorum)
- Tender for delivering goods or services (subject to adhering to the clauses of permitted supply of goods or services)
- Associate Members may tender for work with the organisation – but may not be present at any meeting to consider the tender
Open to local organisations and individuals who support the aims and objectives of the Suffolk Black Community (Forum) Organisation and pledge to work together to further its objects. Affiliate Memberships are be subject to a membership fee.
- Affiliate Members may tender for work in partnership with the organisation
- Take advantage of the resources (engagement, marketing etc) offered by the organisation
- Shared spaces and collaborations
Note: Affiliate members may tender for work with the organisation – but must make provision for an associate member to be the link project co-ordinator to ensure the organisations objects are being met. They may also not be present at any meetings discussing their tender or application for collaboration.
Open to members of the community. Ordinary members will not be required to pay any membership fees, but may opt (at their own choosing) to make a donation to the organisation. They may also wish to contribute toward the work of the organisation in a voluntary, general or any other capacity or simply be affiliated with the movement.
- Access (advocacy) support from the Suffolk Black Community (Forum) Organisation.
- Subscribe to services being offered by and through the organisation
- Learn new skills or obtain qualifications
- Volunteer with any of the focus groups to support it work
Membership Registration Form
Complete the form below to register for your membership.
Registration is easy and only takes a few minutes.